in-memory database

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Hello, does this ORM support SQLite in-memory database, and if yes, could you please provide a small example on how to create one? Thank you! Diego
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM
The ORM support SQLite, though I've not tested (nor am I familiar with) the in-memory database version. I suspect that it would either work out of the box by using ":memory:" as the database name, or that it would take very little code change to get working. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Jan 16, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for your quick answer! Actually I already tried and got a runtime exception. Looking at the code, the framework tries to create a database file and as the name is :memory: it crashes somewhere around the StoreCreate() method call (this is related to the FileName property that does not support ":"). I'm just beginning with SQLite and with this Framework, so even if this first entry point is modified to support in-memory DB, I don't know exactly what else should then be adapted as well... anyway, thank you for your input. If I really need in-memory then I'll evaluate if it is better to contribute to this project or to go without an ORM depending on my own project ;)