Do 'Reference' types have to be Arrays? - SOLVED

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I've been using dictionary's in my objects, and would prefer to not have to change it if possible, but I may need to build yet another middle layer between the objects I'm using now versus how I would like the database to structure the data.

Is there any way to not use an array? If not, I can figure out a workaround until I can get the whole application simply using the database objects.

The reason (just to delve a little deeper) that I need to maintain my old object is also due to my need to still serialize the objects as they used to be serialized for data transfer and backwards compatibility.

Thanks!
Jarvis
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Currently only arrays are supported. It could probably be modified to use a List<T> instead, but a Dictionary<T1, T2> would be very difficult because what would the key value for the Dictionary be? How would the ORM know what to use for that when populating?
Aug 26, 2013 at 6:30 PM
ctacke,

Thanks for your rapid response. I'm trying to get a database implemented quickly in my software as it's taking too long to load files from serialization... I'm keeping a history of information and other calculated information. I need to be able to retrieve and save to it quickly so its time for a database.

Unfortunately for me it would seem my objects aren't quite going to cut it with the ORM. I feel like I need to know more about the ORM as I don't feel confident that I can make this happen as of right now. Look forward to seeing your answer to my other thread.

Thanks again,
Jarvis