Many to Many && One to One

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:20 PM

hi,ctacke

How handle "Many to Many" or "One to One" relation via this framework?

thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM

One-to-one would be handled by not inserting multiples into the child table.  It's not currently enforced in any way, though I can envision having the ReferenceField being a single item instead of an entity might be used to implicity notify the framework that's what you want. 

There is no inherent many-to-many capability right now.  It's something I've been thinking about, but since the project I developed this framework in conjunction with didn't actually have any many-to-many reationships, I've not committed any serious time to resolving it.  If you have suggestions or ideas on what you would like to see, I'd love to hear them.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I am currently evaluating using this tool on a project in which I have several many-to-many relationships. I noticed that you added a ReferenceType property to the FieldAttribute; however, the documentation ignores this and doesn't provide any examples. Is this now supported, or is this merely a placeholder?

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Unfortunately, the ManyToMany ReferenceType is currently only a placeholder.  That said, another user is implementing many-to-many, so it's always possible we'll get a patch submission or at least some direction in how he attacked it.